I’m dating myself with the title of this post, but the ability to read is tantamount to the future development of children. A great post on Blissfully Domestic with tips (click thru for the details:
1. Read aloud to your children – no matter how old they are.
2. Read the selection to yourself before you read it with your children.
3. Tell your children what you are thinking about when you read aloud. (aka think aloud)
4. Ask your child questions while you read.
5. Have your child find the answers to your questions in the text.
How do you encourage your kids to read?